The Truth About Email Marketing
One of the best elements of internet marketing (there are many) are the numerous models and methods you can choose from to make money. You can literally customize your business to fit whatever tasks you wish to put into it. Name another occupation where you can do that!
Whether you choose to create your own app, sell products as an affiliate on Clickbank or Amazon, or do SEO for businesses, there is one component that you need to include in your online business. That component is email marketing.
I know what you’re probably thinking… I’m already busy enough building my online business as it is. How can I fit another task into my schedule?
The thing is email marketing gives you more bangfor your buck than any other single online marketing activity. Return on investment is typically around 4,300%! Better yet, most of your email marketing tasks will be automated so there really isn’t a huge time investment involved.
Simply put, email marketing is a very powerful tool for finding customers and building long-lasting relationships. It allows you to speak with a large group of people instantaneously with both loyal customers and on-the-fence prospects.
Let’s dig a little deeper..
Why Is Email Marketing So Important?
- For starters, no matter what online model you choose, you’ll need customers. Email is by far the most cost effective tool for customer acquisition.
- Email allows you to communicate to your fans, prospects, and customers on a very personal level. Reading a blog post or article is very non-personal. But sending an email to someone, even if targeted to a mass list, allows you to demonstrate your expertise and show that you care about helping them solve their problems.
- Email marketing allows you to make an offer to tens, hundreds, thousands, and even tens of thousands of people simultaneously. If you haven’t already figured it out, your income is directly proportional to the number of offers you put into the marketplace. Internet marketing is a numbers game and the more offers you make, the more income you earn. Email allows you to automate this very important process.
- There is no guesswork with email marketing. It’s easy to track, test, and measure. Analytics is a vital element to internet marketing success and any good email marketing platform will provide all of the tools you need to come up with winning campaigns.
- Email marketing provides the largest return on investment. Email marketing delivers an ROI of 4,300% and is more cost-effective than other forms of marketing.
- Marketing by email allows you to perform simple split tests on opt-in forms, landing pages, and offers that will allow you to improve your conversions and boost income.
- Email marketing allows you to fly below the radar from most of your competitors. I say most because there will be some of your astute competitors who join your list just to see what, when, and how you’re promoting. [*Pro tip: You should be joining your competitors lists too for surveillance].
- Email marketing still works. People are addicted to their smart phones and if they have even a few minutes to burn they’ll be glued to their phones doing something and that includes checking emails.
- Lastly, but most importantly… your email list is one of the only elements of your online business that you have 100% complete control over.
For you stat geeks (I’m one too) here are some more numbers on email marketing:
Yes, The Money Really Is In The List
I’m sure you’ve heard it before many many times but it’s true. If you have something to sell your email list will bring you more income than any other single method. Not only is your email list the most important asset you have but it can come with you. What I mean by that is if you have a website on your chosen topic that dies for whatever reason your list will be unaffected by it. You can simply start a new site and move all your fans and customers over to the new site with one email notification. It sure beats starting all over again!
Your list is the most effective way to communicate and engage your audience with information, offers, news, tutorials, and joint ventures. They subscribed to your list to hear what you had to say so they’re interested in not only what you’re doing and what you think they should be doing too. They’re fans.
I don’t have any quantitative data to back this up but many list building experts believe that on average each subscriber on your list is worth $1 per month in income potential. This may or may not be true, and I’m sure the value swings wildly from niche to niche, but there’s no denying the fact that a subscriber who likes and trusts you is more likely to buy from you. That’s just common sense.
If you’re just getting started in affiliate marketing don’t be intimidated by the seemingly daunting task of getting started with email marketing. Every email list was created one email address at at time.
Monday Oct. 17, is your chance to win $5,000 while learning how to earn passive income by building your own email list. Just click on the green button in the box below to get to the free sign up page: