Paid online survey sites – just how many are out there? If you are interested in taking paid online surveys for some extra money, you may find it challenging to choose the right one for you.
Typical questions to ask include whether they reward well, how easy the website is to use, and the responsiveness of customer care. Most importantly, you should make sure the site isn’t a scam.
That’s why we’ve made it our mission to review every paid survey site on the web. Today, we’ll investigate an older but lesser-known option in this Survey Spot review. Read on to find out all the information we gathered to help you decide if this survey site is for you.
Survey Spot Reviews – About This Site
Survey Spot is a market research and paid survey platform launched in 2000. The market research company Dynata owns it. This global digital data collection and online sampling company provides market research data and insights to its clients
Members of Survey Spot get to take surveys and participate in sweepstakes on the platform and are rewarded for their time and effort. They may also take part in the occasional sweepstake for a chance to win prizes.
On joining the platform, members will automatically receive an entry into the massive $10,000 quarterly sweepstakes draw.
The platform is famed for its fast processing times. Payment is via PayPal and usually fulfilled within two days. If you opt for physical gift cards, expect to receive them at your home address within ten business days.
Only residents of the US over the age of 18 are eligible to participate.
How Does Survey Spot Work?
You’ll need to register on the Survey Spot site and create an account to become a member. You’ll be required to provide your name, address, date of birth, gender, education level, and a valid email address.
When filling in this information, and creating your Survey Profile, it is essential to do so accurately. Should your answers differ in the surveys taken later, you risk being disqualified from the study, as there will be apparent discrepancies.
On joining the site, you will be automatically entered into the quarterly draw, where you stand a chance of winning up to $10,000.
Most surveys will earn you 50 – 100 points, depending on their length and complexity. Every 100 points equate to $1, and you’ll need a minimum of 50 points to cash out Amazon gift cards, or 1,000 points to cash out via PayPal. You will get further entries to the quarterly sweepstake after completing each survey.
This platform also offers an instant win play. This game allows you to play an online slot machine or scratch card game with a chance to win more prizes.
Once you reach the withdrawal threshold, you can opt to receive your rewards via PayPal within 48 hours. You may also opt to receive Amazon or iTunes gift cards, sweepstake entries, or even air miles! Gift cards should reach you within ten business days.
SurveySpot Reviews – Is This Site Legit?
Survey Spot is, from all our investigations in this Survey Spot review, a legit company. They have a long track record of paying their members and have honored gift cards and vouchers in conjunction with their partners.
It’s not hard to find a negative SurveySpot review online, mostly focusing on issues such as lack of customer care response, inadequate communication on the timing of surveys, and some delays in receiving already redeemed rewards.
To get a flavor of what people think on the platform, check out these recent comments from users on trusted review sites and forums online.
“I have been a member of Survey Spot for many years. It was easily my favorite site. Within the last year, I maybe received one survey. I sent them an email, and they responded just to wait, and something would come. It is not that I do not qualify; it is that they don’t send me any anymore.”– Phyllis (USA) on Survey Police. February 3, 2019.
“I’ve been a member for over ten years, and they used to be great. For the past two years, they’ve gone downhill fast. They pay next to nothing for surveys now. 20-minute surveys might get you 25 cents. That’s if you qualify, which takes a long time. 500 points for $5 will take a long time to reach now. They are no longer one of the best.” – Pam T. on Get Paid Surveys. May 5, 2016.
Survey Spot – The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- The surveys posted on this site don’t require much effort and can be completed relatively quickly. If you have some spare time and enjoy taking surveys online, Survey Spot is a decent site to choose for work, as you can soon accumulate points in your account.
- The site also offers both rewards and sweepstakes. These are yet more opportunities to make money on the site.
- The cash out threshold is low, which is a positive point for us in this SurveySpot review. You’ll need a minimum of 500 points ($5) to cash out for Amazon gift vouchers. You may also choose to accumulate 1,000 points and cash out $10 via PayPal.
- The varieties of surveys available are an added advantage on this site. This feature keeps the site engaging and unique and makes the survey availability very high.
- Payment processing is quite efficient. PayPal payments are processed within two days, and gift vouchers will be shipped to your address with within ten working days.
- Points earned on the site are redeemable at some of the top retail outfits in America. Use your points for Amazon and iTunes gift vouchers, sweepstake entries, PayPal Cash, or even airline miles.
- Their surveys can be misleading, especially in regards to the time expected to complete them. You may sign up for a 10-minute survey, and find yourself still filling it in 20 minutes later. This occurrence can be frustrating, and frankly annoying.
- We’ve noticed as we’ve looked into this SurveySpot review, that users do not like the lack of response from the customer service department. They don’t respond to customer queries and concerns in a timely fashion if they do get back at all.
- They have a limited global reach. The panel is only open to residents of the United States.
Survey Spot is a legitimate site. All our investigations in this Survey Spot review point to that fact. This site compensates its members for their opinions. Note, however, that you will not make much, on average about $1 per survey.
If you’re thinking of joining the platform, the compensation is reasonable, and will probably be enough to pay those bills or supplement your shopping budget.
So, do you have any thoughts on this survey panel? Have you had any recent experiences with Survey Spot? Do let us know in the comments.
Important Update for 2019: After publishing this SurveySpot review, the site closed down on June 30, 2019, and you will no longer be able to take surveys. However, its sister sites Opinion Outpost, and Opinion World continue to operate. We will keep an eye out on the situation, and in case it changes, advise you of any pertinent updates.
The post Survey Spot Review 2019 — We Put This Survey Site to the Test appeared first on Personal Income.