We’re living in an age where the gig economy is king. It has never been simpler to earn a little extra income from the privacy of our own homes. One of the most popular income-generating activities, which you can do from home is completing online surveys.
Paid online surveys are a great way to earn money. Businesses need information all the time to finesse their strategy according to the customer feedback they receive. Survey sites are the perfect market research tool to do this, and what’s more, they pay you for your opinion.
One only needs to be careful that the site they’re working on is legit, and not a phishing site.
Among the many survey sites out there is Survey Club, which provides access to paid surveys. In this Survey Club review, we examine this free platform in detail and break down all the good and the bad for you.
We’ll also look at whether it’s worth your time, how much you can expect to earn, and most importantly, whether it’s safe.
So, What Is Survey Club?
Survey Club is an online directory for paid surveys that has been operating since 2005. It offers paid online surveys, partner site surveys, focus group participation, and clinical trial participation. In exchange, you can earn an income for sharing your opinions.
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, the company disrupted the online market research industry. It currently has 16 million registered users, and all trends indicate that this user base is growing.
The platform is unique in that it is a middleman, connecting survey participants with various survey companies online. Researchers gather data from participants on multiple services and products to better study their target consumers’ needs.
When the company first launched, it was seen as an attractive money-making opportunity for work-at-home enthusiasts and students and performed well in many Survey Club reviews. As time has gone on, the novelty has worn off. The paid survey industry is currently over-saturated and tainted with phishing sites and blatant scam sites.
How Much Can You Earn On Average?
You can earn, on average $30-$40 a month on paid surveys, should you qualify. Each study nets you between $0.50 and $5.
You must first finish a survey before you can know if you qualify for it or not. To earn the cash out threshold, you must be eligible for 5- 6 surveys a day and finish them successfully. You may also earn a referral commission of $1 if someone signs up through your affiliate referral link, which is in your dashboard.
Focus groups pay on average $2 – $200, and the much-coveted clinical trials can pay anywhere from $100 to $1,000. Clinical trials are where the real money lies.
When Can You Cash Out?
As long as you earn a minimum of $20, you may cash out without restrictions. Take note, however, that payment processing may take approximately 3-4 weeks. Payment is via PayPal, prepaid MasterCard debit card, bank checks (for US residents only), or Amazon gift card codes.
Who Can Benefit From Survey Club?
Survey Club is perfect for people who want to earn extra money as a side hustle, from the comfort of their own home.
A distinct advantage with Survey Club is that it opens up a world of earning potential because they act as an online directory for other paid survey companies. As long as you qualify, and you have the time to dedicate to taking surveys, there is an unlimited potential to earn.
How Does Survey Club Work?
Survey Club connects you with various paid survey and clinical trial companies, to enable you to participate and get paid for your opinions. Payment is varied and is either received in cash, gift cards, or prizes.
To register on Survey Club for paid surveys:
- Jump onto the Survey Club website
- Select the ‘Join Now’ button
- Enter your details on the registration site. Remember to set up a new email address to avoid being spammed on your primary email address later on
- Fill out the small survey that asks questions about your lifestyle. Your responses will inform Survey Club on which surveys suit you best. Be mindful of filling out the study with as much detail as possible according to your requirements.
- Survey Club will then present you with a set of qualifying surveys. Choose one to participate in and start earning!
Focus Groups and Clinical Trials
You may also participate in paid focus group opportunities. Numerous types exist, and these include, among others:
- Mini focus groups consisting of 3-5 people
- Online focus groups conducted via videoconferencing
- Teleconference focus groups conducted via telephone
To participate in focus groups and clinical trials, which pay higher than the surveys, you will receive an invitation to participate, and on successful completion get paid.
Unfortunately, Survey Club does not yet have an app, which can be inconveniencing when trying to take a survey while on the go.
Is Survey Club Legit or Is It a Scam?
After reviewing information on the Survey Club website, and taking into account customer comments and feedback, we can confidently say the Survey Club is not a scam. It is a legitimate part-time work-at-home income opportunity.
The company has been in the online space since 2005 and has an A+ rating on the Better Business Bureau website. Some complaints do exist – after all, there are currently 16 million users on the platform— but these are typical for survey sites and stem from unrealistic earnings expectations.
Crucially all complaints reported were resolved. There were also positive reviews from numerous customers who have completed surveys and gotten paid on the platform.
Survey Club is also transparent, clearly posting an earnings disclaimer on its website to manage earnings expectations.
Most of the people who have registered complaints about Survey Club seem not to have grasped how the site operates. They are not impressed with being redirected to partner sites, not earning what they initially expected, and the time it takes to qualify for payable surveys.
What Are the Upsides and Downsides of Survey Club?
- Survey Club is free to join, and this feature makes it a top contender in many survey site reviews. This point works in its favor as most people entering the platform would rather not spend money to make money.
- Their payment methods are varied – get paid via PayPal, bank checks (US residents only), prepaid MasterCard debit cards, or Amazon gift cards.
- They also offer a mix of rewards, such as free products or prizes.
- The minimum withdrawal amount is $20, and it won’t take you too long to earn that amount. Other paid survey sites require that you receive on average $30-$40 before making a withdrawal.
- They are a middleman for many other survey sites, giving you more extensive access to paid surveys
- Even if you don’t qualify for a study, you’ll still earn 10 cents; most other survey sites do not have this option.
- There is the option to earn more income through referral commissions and participating in focus groups and clinical trials. Each referral makes you $1, and focus groups and clinical trials can earn you between $10 and $200 should you qualify. The diversity on the platform is a real plus.
- Available to persons aged 13 years or older
- The privacy of your information is paramount. Survey Club takes every precaution to keep all your answers private, and even give you the option to opt-out of emails if you so wish
- They have excellent customer support that is available around the clock.
- You get $1 for every referral you make to the site
- Survey Club still does not have a mobile app, a real con on most Survey Club reviews. In this on-the-go era, this is a definite disadvantage as most people prefer to carry out surveys on their smartphones.
- To get paid for partner paid surveys, you may be redirected and required to register on an external site. These websites might have their regulations and withdrawal thresholds, which can be inconveniencing.
- The pre-screening qualification survey takes 15-20 minutes, and you may do it but still not qualify for a study.
- You’ll receive lots of emails, not all welcome. Survey Club and their third party partner panels will continuously send out updates on new surveys. We recommend opening up a separate email account specifically for these surveys.
- The rewards program is currently only available in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, and Australia. Payment processing may take anywhere from 3-4 weeks.
While the Survey Club may not give you a full-time income, the amount of money earned will depend on the time you decide to dedicate to the surveys. Most Survey Club reviews are right in urging you not give up your day job. The income generated on the platform is not enough to replace your full-time income.
However, we will emphasize in this Survey Club review that it’s an excellent option if you’re a stay-at-home-parent, part-time worker, or student. So, if you have some spare time on your hands and would rather earn some extra money or Amazon gift cards instead of watching Netflix all day, check out the Survey Club.
Sign up, but ignore the in-house surveys, as they don’t pay much. Focus on the focus groups and clinical trials. That’s where the money lies.
Do you have experience with Survey Club? Let us know in the comments.
The post Survey Club Review 2019 — Get Paid for Your Opinion! appeared first on Personal Income.