Perhaps you’ve read the income report from a blog or website that talks about how much money they make from advertising or other affiliate relationships. But then you notice that your website is not really doing as well. Maybe its earning a few bucks here and there, but it doesn’t seem to be making nearly as much income as what other people are bringing in. So what’s going on here?
The truth is that is that if you look at any successful blog or webmaster very closely, you’ll notice one thing they have in common: They always have a number of money making websites working for them; not just one.
This is true. Here are a few examples:
- Darren Rowse from Problogger has his Digital Photography School website.
- Pat Flynn from Smart Passive Income has his niche site Security Guard Training HQ
- Spencer Haws from Niche Pursuits has any number of niche websites; most notably the recent Best Survival Knife Guide he made in his public creation follow along series (a must read if you’re looking for practical tips on building niche sites from the ground up).
- My Money Design has his developing niche site IRA vs 401k Central
- And many, many more.
Why More Than One Website?
The reason webmasters will own or develop more than one website is because with each site it increases the potential for more and more earnings. Think about it – why not take one of your lowest risk passive income ideas and spread it out among as many separate residual income channels as possible?
For example: Suppose a potential advertiser wants to place a banner ad on your site. If you had two sites to offer him that were similar, that advertiser would probably take you up on your offer and you could make double the money.
Or another example: If people click on your ads and you make $500 per month, then why not create 10 websites doing the same thing and increase your earnings potential up to $5,000?
The possibilities are endless.
Creating Your Money Making Websites:
There are a lot of ways you can build a website that will generate an income. But to really put together a complete portfolio of money making websites within a decent amount of time takes a little extra effort. Here are some of the best ways how:
- Buy dormant websites from Flippa where the owners stopped maintaining the site
- Buy expired domains from places like Go Daddy Auctions.
- Register a domain and have a VA set it up, create the content, etc.
- Register a domain that you will setup yourself, but outsource all the content writing
How to Make Money From Your Websites:
Now that you’ve created your collection of money making websites, it’s time to put them to work generating residual income. Here are a few ideas that people use to earn cash from their websites and have been proven to work well:
- Join an affiliate program such as Google Adsense, Amazon affiliates,
- Direct advertising from banner ads, homepage links, etc.
- Promote links for other bloggers. Fiver is one place where you can post an ad and make a quick $5 for each link you promote.
- Host sponsored posts when advertisers contact you about doing a guest post that includes a link to their client or affiliate.
- Host paid reviews using a service such as Social Spark .com.
- Build links to your other sites. This will increase the back-link profile of your own main websites which could influence their visibility within the search results and potential to create income.
- Sell (or flip) the websites on a site like Flippa, Go Daddy Auctions, etc.
Images courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net
The post How to Build a Collection of Money Making Websites appeared first on Great Passive Income Ideas.